When someone clicks on your Plug links and downloads the advertised app, you get Plugcoins.
Most times, these should show up in your Plug account within about an hour of the download. In some cases, however, Plugcoins may not be attributed to your account.
Here are a few of the largest causes of Plugcoins not showing up:
- The followers have limited ad tracking which makes it harder for partners we use to "track" users through the App Store.
- The followers that downloaded the app using your link may have already downloaded the app.
- You incentivized the user in some way to download the app, or told them to send you proof of them downloading the app. These installs will not count
- We limit the number of times and frequency that one user may download Plugcoin apps. This prevents agains fraud. You may not ask your followers to download the apps to help you out.
- The country or platform the download came from is not paying out any Plugcoins. You can check this by upgrading your app and tapping into any Plug to see country and platform breakdowns.
- The followers that downloaded the app using your link may have seen and clicked on more then one ad for that app.
- You are advertising a promotion that has already ended. We grant a grace period for every app to ensure you have time to take down your posts.
- The promotion was removed from your account but you're still running it.
In addition to these common issues, the attribution happens through a process called Device Fingerprinting. This attribution process is not done by The Plug, but rather by our apps Measurement Partners (Adjust, Kochava, Tenjin, Appsflyer, etc). This process is not 100% accurate. Unfortunately there is nothing the Plug can do to fix this.